In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Brockville General Hospital will support and assist applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process. For information or to discuss any specific needs you may have in the interview process or in any testing required of candidates, please contact Human Resources at 613-345-5649 ext. 1118.
As a designated Rural Community Hospital, Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses working at Brockville General Hospital may be eligible for the Canada Student Loan Forgiveness Program. Please visit www.Canada.ca for details.
For BGH staff, a lisiting of current internal opportunities are also available.
Casual RPN - Surgical Services (Operating Room) 2018-409
|Open Date||Jan 08 2019 - 09:30:00 AM||Close Date||Feb 15 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Casual RPN - Surgical Services (Operating Room) 2018-409||Posting Type||Casual|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent|
|Department Group||Operating Room||Hours per Week||<37.5|
|Department||Surgical Services – Operating Room||Openings||3|
As a member of the Unit Patient Care Team on an assigned Unit of the Hospital, the Registered Practical Nurse provides direct nursing care to patients, in accordance with the philosophy, objectives and policies and the Standards of Nursing Practice. The Registered Practical Nurse works under the direction of and in conjunction with other regulated health care professional members of the team.
Participates in service and hospital-wide activities and programs that model and promote a safe and healthy patient-centered environment and that contribute to quality improvement and risk management initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- Registered Practical Nurse and current member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- IV certification required
- BCLS required and maintained throughout employment
- Post diploma Operating Room Course mandatory
- Demonstrated Perioperative Registered Practical Nursing scrub skills mandatory
- Employed experience as an Operating Room scrub nurse mandatory
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated competence in the administration of medications
- Demonstrated competence in nursing practice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and ability to prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to relate in a tactful and sensitive manner with patients, visitors, staff and volunteers
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast paced environment
- Good attendance and availability to work all shifts required
Please send your current résumé quoting the above Competition Number to:
Brockville General Hospital – Human Resources Department
75 Charles Street
Brockville, Ontario, K6V 1S8
Fax: (613) 345-8305
We thank all applicants for their expressed interest; however, only candidate(s) selected for an interview will be contacted