In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Brockville General Hospital will support and assist applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process. For information or to discuss any specific needs you may have in the interview process or in any testing required of candidates, please contact Human Resources at 613-345-5649 ext. 1118.
As a designated Rural Community Hospital, Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses working at Brockville General Hospital may be eligible for the Canada Student Loan Forgiveness Program. Please visit www.Canada.ca for details.
For BGH staff, a lisiting of current internal opportunities are also available.
Temporary Part Time Registered Nurse - In Patient Mental Health 2019-178 Reposted
|Open Date||Oct 03 2019 - 10:12:00 AM||Close Date||Oct 31 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Temporary Part Time Registered Nurse - In Patient Mental Health 2019-178 Reposted||Posting Type||Temporary Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Up to 12 months with possible extension|
|Department Group||Mental Health - In Patient Unit||Hours per Week||<37.5|
|Department||Mental Health – In Patient Unit||Openings||1|
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, coordination of the Charge Nurse, and working as a member of the Unit team, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision of quality nursing care to a patient or group of patients. The provision of such nursing care is expected to be within the Standards of Nursing Practice (CNO) and the standards of the particular nursing unit.
The Registered Nurse is expected to maintain competence and skills through on-going participation in continuing education and will be able to demonstrate proof of such participation. The Registered Nurse actively participates in the CNO Quality Assurance Program.
Participates in service and hospital-wide activities and programs that model and promote a safe and healthy patient-centered environment and that contribute to quality improvement and risk management initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of three years’ experience in working with people who have been diagnosed with a serious mental illness
- BScN is considered an asset
- Post diploma Certification in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing considered an asset
- Completion of Suicide Intervention Training and Crisis Management is considered an asset
- Certified in CPR and First Aid and maintained throughout employment
- Experience in Acute Mental Health and/or a Community Mental Health setting is preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of a variety of mental illnesses
- Excellent knowledge and experience working with psychotropic medications, side effects of same etc.
- Good working knowledge of the Recovery Model
- Knowledge of and experience with Psychosocial Rehabilitation Model
- Knowledge of the mandate of mental health integrated community services
- Ability to assume shift charge nurse responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of an interprofessional team
- Demonstrated ability to relate in a tactful and sensitive manner to patients, colleagues, hospital affiliates and the public
- Good attendance and availability required
Please send your current resume quoting the above Competition Number to:
Brockville General Hospital – Human Resources Department
75 Charles Street
Brockville, Ontario, K6V 1S8
Fax: (613) 345-8305
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidate(s) selected for an interview will be contacted
cc : ONA
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.