In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Brockville General Hospital will support and assist applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process. For information or to discuss any specific needs you may have in the interview process or in any testing required of candidates, please contact Human Resources at 613-345-5649 ext. 1118.
As a designated Rural Community Hospital, Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses working at Brockville General Hospital may be eligible for the Canada Student Loan Forgiveness Program. Please visit www.Canada.ca for details.
For BGH staff, a lisiting of current internal opportunities are also available.
Casual RN - Women & Children's Program 2018-414
|Open Date||Jan 08 2019 - 12:07:00 PM||Close Date||Feb 15 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Casual RN - Women & Children's Program 2018-414||Posting Type||Casual|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent|
|Department Group||Women & Chldren's Program||Hours per Week||<37.5|
|Department||Women & Children’s Program||Openings||1|
Under the supervision of the Unit Director, coordination of the Charge Nurse, and working as a member of the Unit team, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision of quality nursing care to a patient or group of patients. The provision of such nursing care is expected to be within the Standards of Nursing Practice (CNO) and the standards of the particular nursing unit.
The Registered Nurse is expected to maintain competence and skills through on-going participation in continuing education and will be able to demonstrate proof of such participation. The Registered Nurse actively participates in CNO Quality Assurance Program.
Participates in service and hospital-wide activities and programs that model and promote a safe and healthy patient-centered environment and that contribute to quality improvement and risk management initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Previous obstetrical experience in labor and delivery unit, experience in New born Nursery
- Case Room Training required & have recent birthing RN experience within last 12 months
- I.V. and V.E. Certification
- F.H.S.L., N.R.P., C.P.R., WHO Breastfeeding Course and N.A.L.S. Certification (maintained throughout employment)
- Current paediatric and medical-surgical nursing experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent assessment interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to assume shift charge nurse responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of an interprofessional team
- Demonstrated ability to relate in a tactful and sensitive manner to patients, colleagues, hospital affiliates and the public
- Good attendance and availability required
Please send your current résumé quoting the above Competition Number to:
Brockville General Hospital – Human Resources Department
75 Charles Street
Brockville, Ontario, K6V 1S8
Fax: (613) 345-8305
We thank everyone for their expressed interest, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted