In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Brockville General Hospital will support and assist applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process. For information or to discuss any specific needs you may have in the interview process or in any testing required of candidates, please contact Human Resources at 613-345-5649 ext. 1118.
As a designated Rural Community Hospital, Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses working at Brockville General Hospital may be eligible for the Canada Student Loan Forgiveness Program. Please visit www.Canada.ca for details.
For BGH staff, a lisiting of current internal opportunities are also available.
Casual Registered Nurses - Surgical Services - Operating Room 2019-010
|Open Date||Jan 09 2019 - 08:06:00 AM||Close Date||Feb 15 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Casual Registered Nurses - Surgical Services - Operating Room 2019-010||Posting Type||Casual|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent|
|Department Group||Surgical Services - Operating Room||Hours per Week||<37.5|
|Department||Surgical Services – Operating Room||Openings||3|
Under the supervision of Management, coordination of the Charge Nurse, and working as a member of the Unit team, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision of quality nursing care to a patient or group of patients. The provision of such nursing care is expected to be within the Standards of Nursing Practice (CNO) and the standards of the particular nursing unit.
The Registered Nurse is expected to maintain competence and skills through on-going participation in continuing education and will be able to demonstrate proof of such participation. The Registered Nurse actively participates in CNO Quality Assurance Program.
The Registered Nurse participates in service and hospital-wide activities and programs that model and promote a safe and healthy patient-centered environment and that contribute to quality improvement and risk management initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- Registered Nurse and current member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- IV and CPR certification required and maintained throughout employment
- ACLS certification preferred
- Post diploma Operating Room Course mandatory
- Demonstrated Perioperative Registered Nursing scrub and circulating skills mandatory
- Employed experience as an Operating Room nurse mandatory
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work shifts and be on call required
- Excellent demonstrated surgical patient teaching skills
- Demonstrated surgical nursing knowledge
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Good attendance and availability required
We thank everyone for their interest in the above position, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Please send your current résumé quoting the Competition Number to:
Brockville General Hospital – Human Resources Department
75 Charles Street
Brockville, Ontario, K6V 1S8
Fax: (613) 345-8305
cc : ONA