In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Brockville General Hospital will support and assist applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process. For information or to discuss any specific needs you may have in the interview process or in any testing required of candidates, please contact Human Resources at 613-345-5649 ext. 1118.
As a designated Rural Community Hospital, Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses working at Brockville General Hospital may be eligible for the Canada Student Loan Forgiveness Program. Please visit www.Canada.ca for details.
For BGH staff, a lisiting of current internal opportunities are also available.
Full Time Engineer - Facilities 2018-324
|Open Date||Oct 02 2018 - 09:16:00 AM||Close Date||Feb 28 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Full Time Engineer - Facilities 2018-324||Posting Type||Full Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent|
|Department Group||Facilities||Hours per Week||37.5|
|Education||High School Diploma|
Participates, as a member of the Maintenance team, by instructing and assisting the Certified Trades in the repair, renovation and servicing of Facilities equipment and the Physical Plants and by performing routine preventative maintenance repairs at both Hospital Sites.
Participates in service and hospital-wide activities and programs that model and promote a safe and healthy patient-centered environment and that contribute to quality improvement and risk management initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Third (3rd) Class Stationary Engineer certification or Facilities Technician Trade Certificate or an acceptable combination of formal training and experience required
- This position requires technical aptitude, leadership qualities and several years of recent (within 2 years) experience in general and preventive maintenance preferably in an institutional or hospital environment
- This position requires a multi-skilled worker
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of care and operation of Facilities mechanical and Power Plant equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge and aptitude in performing minor repairs to plumbing, electrical equipment normally acquired through formal training in equipment/ mechanical repair. Extensive practical knowledge of chiller plants, high pressure boilers, HVAC systems and Energy Management
- Knowledge of Provincial and Trade codes
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance programs, WHIMIS and health and safety Regulations
- Good attendance and availability required
Please send your current résumé quoting the above Competition Number to:
Brockville General Hospital – Human Resources Department
75 Charles Street
Brockville, Ontario, K6V 1S8
Fax: (613) 345-8305