In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Brockville General Hospital will support and assist applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process. For information or to discuss any specific needs you may have in the interview process or in any testing required of candidates, please contact Human Resources at 613-345-5649 ext. 1118.
As a designated Rural Community Hospital, Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses working at Brockville General Hospital may be eligible for the Canada Student Loan Forgiveness Program. Please visit www.Canada.ca for details.
For BGH staff, a lisiting of current internal opportunities are also available.
Temporary Part Time Registered Nurse - ICU 2018-402 and 2018-404
|Open Date||Nov 30 2018 - 07:31:00 AM||Close Date||Jan 31 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Temporary Part Time Registered Nurse - ICU 2018-402 and 2018-404||Posting Type||Temporary Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Up to 9 months with possible extension|
|Department Group||ICU||Hours per Week||>37.5|
|Department||Intensive Care Unit||Openings||2|
|Competition||2018--402 and 2018-404|
Under the supervision of the Unit Manager, coordination of the Charge Nurse, and working as a member of the Unit team, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision of quality nursing care to a patient or group of patients. The provision of such nursing care is expected to be within the Standards of Nursing Practice (CNO) and the standards of the particular nursing unit.
The Registered Nurse is expected to maintain competence and skills through on-going participation in continuing education and will be able to demonstrate proof of such participation. The Registered Nurse actively participates in CNO Quality Assurance Program.
Participates in service and hospital-wide activities and programs that model and promote a safe and healthy patient-centred environment and that contribute to quality improvement and risk management initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Post graduate courses in I.C.U. and C.C.U.
- Critical Care nursing experience
- Valid B.C.L.S. and A.C.L.S. maintained throughout employement period
- I.V. Therapy certification, added nursing skills and delegated medical acts related to intensive care nursing
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent assessment interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work quickly, independently and adapt to a variety of situations including triaging
- Ability to assume shift charge nurse responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of an inter-professional team
- Good attendance and availability required
Please send your current résumé quoting the above Competition Number to:
Brockville General Hospital – Human Resources Department
75 Charles Street
Brockville, Ontario, K6V 1S8
Fax: (613) 345-8305