In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Brockville General Hospital will support and assist applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process. For information or to discuss any specific needs you may have in the interview process or in any testing required of candidates, please contact Human Resources at 613-345-5649 ext. 1118.
As a designated Rural Community Hospital, Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses working at Brockville General Hospital may be eligible for the Canada Student Loan Forgiveness Program. Please visit www.Canada.ca for details.
For BGH staff, a lisiting of current internal opportunities are also available.
Casual Dietary Aides Repost 2018-234
|Open Date||Oct 30 2018 - 03:33:00 PM||Close Date||Jan 31 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Casual Dietary Aides Repost 2018-234||Posting Type||Casual|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent|
|Department Group||Nutritional Services||Hours per Week||<37.5|
Works under the direction of Food Service Supervisor, performing essential tasks needed to provide food for patients, cafeteria and catering functions andparticipates in Continuous Quality Improvement processes as a team member in assessing quality and making recommendations for improvement.
Education and Experience
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent acceptable
- Food Service Worker certificate from a recognized institution
- Related experience in the food service industry
- Current Safe Food Handling Certification, maintained throughout employement period
- Prior experience with cash would be an asset
- Previous experience in a hospital or long term care facility food service environment and knowledge of therapeutic diets is preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read, understand and interpret oral and written instructions
- Relate in a respectful, tactful and sensitive manner with patients, staff and visitors
- Work both independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to modify routines as required to manage changing priorities
- Good attendance and availability required
Please send your current résumé quoting the Competition Number to:
Brockville General Hospital – Human Resources Department
75 Charles Street
Brockville, Ontario, K6V 1S8
Fax: (613) 345-8305
cc : CUPE