In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Brockville General Hospital will support and assist applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process. For information or to discuss any specific needs you may have in the interview process or in any testing required of candidates, please contact Human Resources at 613-345-5649 ext. 1118.
As a designated Rural Community Hospital, Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses working at Brockville General Hospital may be eligible for the Canada Student Loan Forgiveness Program. Please visit www.Canada.ca for details.
For BGH staff, a lisiting of current internal opportunities are also available.
Registered Nurse - Casual - PACU/DS 2018-246
|Open Date||Jul 19 2019 - 09:58:00 AM||Close Date||Sep 30 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Registered Nurse - Casual - PACU/DS 2018-246||Posting Type||Casual|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent|
|Department Group||Surgical Services - PACU/DS||Hours per Week||<37.5|
|Department||Surgical Services – PACU/DS||Openings||1|
Under the supervision of the Unit Director, coordination of the Charge Nurse, and working as a member of the Unit team, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision of quality nursing care to a patient or group of patients. The provision of such nursing care is expected to be within the Standards of Nursing Practice (CNO) and the standards of the particular nursing unit.
The Registered Nurse is expected to maintain competence and skills through on-going participation in continuing education and will be able to demonstrate proof of such participation. The Registered Nurse actively participates in CNO Quality Assurance Program.
The Registered Nurse participates in service and hospital-wide activities and programs that model and promote a safe and healthy patient-centered environment and that contribute to quality improvement and risk management initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- Registered Nurse and current member in good standing of the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Post Anesthesia Care Nursing course required
- Minimum two years of recent critical care nursing experience required
- IV certification required
- Post degree Operating Room Course preferred
- Previous PACU experience preferred
- Knowledge of ASPAN / NAPAN standards of practice required
- BCLS required
- ACLS certification preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work well independently and to exercise sound judgment
- Demonstrated good organizational and problem solving skills in stressful situations
- Demonstrated good interpersonal skills with an ability to work well with a variety of staff, patients and visitors
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Good attendance and availability required
- Ability to work shifts and be on call required
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Please send your current résumé quoting the Competition Number to:
Brockville General Hospital – Human Resources Department
75 Charles Street
Brockville, Ontario, K6V 1S8
Fax: (613) 345-8305
cc : ONA