In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Brockville General Hospital will support and assist applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process. For information or to discuss any specific needs you may have in the interview process or in any testing required of candidates, please contact Human Resources at 613-345-5649 ext. 1118.
As a designated Rural Community Hospital, Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses working at Brockville General Hospital may be eligible for the Canada Student Loan Forgiveness Program. Please visit www.Canada.ca for details.
For BGH staff, a lisiting of current internal opportunities are also available.
Full Time Registered Nurse - NRU 2018-394
|Open Date||Jan 08 2019 - 11:35:00 AM||Close Date||Feb 15 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Full Time Registered Nurse - NRU 2018-394||Posting Type||Full Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent|
|Department Group||Nursing Resource Unit||Hours per Week||37.5|
|Department||Nursing Resource Unit||Openings||1|
As a member of the Nursing Resource Unit (NRU), the Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision of quality nursing care to a patient or group of patients. The provision of such nursing care is expected to be within the Standards of Nursing Practice (CNO) and the standards of the particular nursing unit.
The NRU is a staffing model that consists of Registered Nurses (RN) and Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) who provide resources to nursing units/departments within Brockville General Hospital (BGH). Resource Nurses are responsible for responding to increasing acuity needs and replacing existing vacancies which arise throughout the Hospital. Resource Nurses will be pre-booked as the need arises and opportunities will be provided to familiarize the Resource Nurses to all nursing units required to work within.
The Registered Nurse is expected to maintain competence and skills through on-going participation in continuing education and will be able to demonstrate proof of such participation. The Registered Nurse actively participates in CNO Quality Assurance Program.
The Registered Nurse participates in service and hospital-wide activities and programs that model and promote a safe and healthy patient-centered environment and that contribute to quality improvement and risk management initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- Registered Nurse and current member in good standing of the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current membership in the RNAO preferred
- Current BCLS certification and maintained throughout employment period and completed IV training required
- Completion of the Coronary Care 1 certificate or equivalent within the last two (2) years or current usage of arrhythmia analysis within the previous two (2) years to ACLS standards required
- Cardiac monitoring experience within the past two (2) years required
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
- Specialty certifications including: ACLS, PALS, ATLS, TNCC, Certified Emergency Care Course, Certified Canadian Emergency Nursing Certificate, and recent completion of Palliative Care courses
- A Neonatal Resuscitation Provider, Neonatal Intensive Care Course certificates and a Perinatal certificate
- A PACU certification
- Experience caring for patients with ventilators, BIPAP, Special line care, and CVP
- Experience in Paediatric, Obstetrics and Labour & Delivery nursing with work experience in a Level 2 – 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit within the past two (2) years
- Demonstrated experience working in Cardiac and Renal Care settings
- Computer literacy and teaching experience considered an asset
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent demonstrated communication skills, assessment skills, and strong organizational and leadership skills essential
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable and flexible in order to work efficiently and effectivelywithin a variety of patient care teams
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of an interprofessional team
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize patient workload, work well within an interdisciplinary team structure, and relate in a tactful and sensitive manner to patients, colleagues, hospital affiliates and the public
- Strong critical thinking skills and motivated by changing environments
- Demonstrated ability to be reliable and maintain excellent attendance and performance records
- Good attendance and availability required
Please send your current résumé quoting the Competition Number to:
Brockville General Hospital – Human Resources Department
75 Charles Street
Brockville, Ontario, K6V 1S8
Fax: (613) 345-8305
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidate(s) selected for an interview will be contacted
cc : ONA