In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Brockville General Hospital will support and assist applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process. For information or to discuss any specific needs you may have in the interview process or in any testing required of candidates, please contact Human Resources at 613-345-5649 ext. 1118.
As a designated Rural Community Hospital, Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses working at Brockville General Hospital may be eligible for the Canada Student Loan Forgiveness Program. Please visit www.Canada.ca for details.
For BGH staff, a lisiting of current internal opportunities are also available.
Temporary Full Time Social Worker (MSW) Mental Health - ACTT 2019-004
|Open Date||Jan 16 2019 - 10:29:00 AM||Close Date||Mar 31 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Temporary Full Time Social Worker (MSW) Mental Health - ACTT 2019-004||Posting Type||Temporary Full Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||up to 12-18 months with possible extension|
|Department Group||ACTT||Hours per Week||37.5|
Working under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Social Worker is responsible for offering a full range of client-centred clinical social work services to clients with acute, and/or severe and persistent mental illnesses in a facility and/or community setting. Working as part of a multidisciplinary treatment team, the Social Worker promotes the role of community treatment and collaborates with community resources to help meet the mental health needs of the individual. The Social Worker works in accordance with BGH policies and the regulations of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW).
Education/Specific Training Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in social work from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW).
- For Outpatient, Crisis and Community team members, a current drivers abstract, a Valid Class G Ontario driver’s licence and current vehicle insurance in good standing is required to participate in community programming, home visits and/or traveling to satellite offices.
- Demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning and professional development as evidenced by participation in programs, courses, seminars that enhance skills and knowledge.
- Ability to accompany police to visit individuals in their homes.
Experience and Knowledge:
- 3-5 years’ previous mental health experience preferably in crisis or inpatient unit
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in providing social work services, including treatment methods such as individual, group and family therapy, to persons with an acute and/or severe mental illness.
- Specific knowledge of social work theories and practices to develop, implement and evaluate treatment/rehabilitation plans.
- Extensive knowledge of and skills in working with individuals with various types of dementia and other mental illnesses.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including, but not limited to, The Mental Health Act, The Social Work and Social Service Work Act, 1998, The Regulated Health Professionals Act, The Substitute Decisions Act, The Health Care Consent Act, and the Personal Health Information Protection Act.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of the OCSWSSW.
- Knowledge of psychopharmacological and psychotherapeutic treatment methods.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, cooperatively and constructively within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- In-depth knowledge of community resources, programs and agencies available to clients and families.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and ability to present/teach to small and large groups.
- Skilled in defusing critical clinical situations
- Experience working in a computerized environment, sound knowledge and understanding of computer-based operations.
- Good attendance and availability required.
Please send your current résumé quoting the above Competition Number to:
Brockville General Hospital – Human Resources Department
75 Charles Street
Brockville, Ontario, K6V 1S8
Fax: (613) 345-8305
We thank all applicants for their expressed interest; however, only candidate(s) selected for an interview will be notified