In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Brockville General Hospital will support and assist applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process. For information or to discuss any specific needs you may have in the interview process or in any testing required of candidates, please contact Human Resources at 613-345-5649 ext. 1118.
As a designated Rural Community Hospital, Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses working at Brockville General Hospital may be eligible for the Canada Student Loan Forgiveness Program. Please visit www.Canada.ca for details.
For BGH staff, a lisiting of current internal opportunities are also available.
Casual Registered Nurse - ARCC 2018-364
|Open Date||Nov 02 2018 - 09:11:00 AM||Close Date||May 01 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Casual Registered Nurse - ARCC 2018-364||Posting Type||Casual|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent|
|Department Group||ARCC||Hours per Week||<37.5|
RN’s interested in the field of Forensic Nursing are needed for on call, casual work in the area of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence.
Working from a feminist analysis of violence, the ARCC nurse provides specialized nursing care, including treatment options, psychosocial intervention, information on legal options, crisis counselling, and support to victims of sexual assault and partner assault. The ARCC nurse collects forensic evidence and works closely with police and the judiciary when necessary and appropriate.
Education/Specific Training Requirements:
- College diploma or University degree in Nursing
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Must be able to attend hospital within one hour of call back
- Clinical experience and/or education working with survivors of sexual/partner assault and knowledge of criminal justice system is preferred
- Work requires demonstrated understanding and practice that is consistent with a feminist analysis of violence
- Established skills and experience in physical assessment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with other professionals
- Current nursing experience in either a hospital or community setting and a knowledge of local community agencies is preferred
- Good attendance and availability required
Please send your current résumé quoting the Competition Number to:
Brockville General Hospital – Human Resources Department
75 Charles Street
Brockville, Ontario, K6V 1S8
Fax: (613) 345-8305