In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Brockville General Hospital will support and assist applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process. For information or to discuss any specific needs you may have in the interview process or in any testing required of candidates, please contact Human Resources at 613-345-5649 ext. 1118.
As a designated Rural Community Hospital, Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses working at Brockville General Hospital may be eligible for the Canada Student Loan Forgiveness Program. Please visit www.Canada.ca for details.
For BGH staff, a lisiting of current internal opportunities are also available.
Adult General Psychiatrist Out Patient Care
|Open Date||Jun 06 2019 - 01:07:00 PM||Close Date||Dec 31 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Adult General Psychiatrist Out Patient Care||Posting Type||Full Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent|
|Department Group||Physician Recruitment||Hours per Week||37.5|
Adult General Psychiatrist
Out Patient Care
As a member of our multidisciplinary team you will be working with our Community Partners providing assessment, stabilization and treatment services for patients with acute mental illness.
- 4 days per week dedicated to our outpatient clinic.
- 1 day per week providing consultative services to a local Family Health Team.
- Participate in after hours on call rotation (1 in 6 weekdays / 1 in 6 weekends).
The community offers comprehensive Mental Health Services Program including:
- Outpatient Team ( Nursing/ Psychologists/ Social Work)
- 24 Bed, Schedule 1, Adult Inpatient Unit - expanding to 29 beds in 2020.
- Crisis Team
- Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACT)
- Community Mental Health and Addictions programing.
- Central Intake Team provides coordinated access to regional mental health programs
- Opportunity for academic appointment and participation in post graduate medical education (Queen’s University, Faculty of Medicine).
Compensation is a combination of stipend, sessional fees and fee for service billing, plus HOCC.
- Independent registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Royal College Certified / Eligible (FRCPC)
Brockville General Hospital is a 138 bed, community hospital, serving a referral area of 125,000.
The City of Brockville (pop. 22,000) is located 85 km east of Kingston, Ontario, in the beautiful Thousand Islands region. The perfect place to practice and play.
Carlene MacDonald, Physician Recruiter
613 285 5057