In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Brockville General Hospital will support and assist applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process. For information or to discuss any specific needs you may have in the interview process or in any testing required of candidates, please contact Human Resources at 613-345-5649 ext. 1118.
As a designated Rural Community Hospital, Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses working at Brockville General Hospital may be eligible for the Canada Student Loan Forgiveness Program. Please visit www.Canada.ca for details.
For BGH staff, a lisiting of current internal opportunities are also available.
Temporary Part Time Health & Safety Assistant (RPN) - Occupational Health 2019-009
|Open Date||Jan 16 2019 - 11:08:00 AM||Close Date||Jan 30 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Temporary Part Time Health & Safety Assistant (RPN) - Occupational Health 2019-009||Posting Type||Temporary Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Up to 12 months with possible extension|
|Department Group||Occupational Health||Hours per Week||<37.5|
Working as a member of the Occupational Health team within the People Services portfolio, the responsibilities of the Occupational Health & Safety Assistant - RPN are to review and ensure pre-placement requirements have been met for new staff, students and volunteers; mask fit tests; immunization; implement the OMA/OHA Communicable Disease Surveillance Protocols for Ontario Hospitals including immunization clinics; and facilitate compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
The Occupational Health & Safety Assistant – RPN will work within the Standards of Nursing practice, the RPN competencies of the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) and the standards of nursing care of Brockville General Hospital.
This position is responsible for promoting a safe and healthy work environment through participating in staff education and health counselling activities, and contributing in the identification and investigation of potential health risk factors or trends in the workplace.
Education and Experience:
- Successful completion of a Registered Practical Nursing diploma with current Certificate of Registration issued by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CN)
- Knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the principles of Occupational Health Nursing
- Current Medication Administration Certificate and extensive experience with injections
- Completion of RPN assessment course
- Current BCLS certificate and First Aid certificate and maintained throughout employment
- Formalized course(s) in Disability Management and / or Occupational Health subject matter
- 2- 4 years previous office administration experience within the last 5 years
- Demonstrated commitment to the safety of fellow workers, patients, volunteers, and visitors in order to support and contribute to a culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events in our organization
- Strong nursing assessment skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, courteously and tactfully with a variety of individuals in a variety of situations.
- Proven ability to problem-solve, along with demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks using organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills including the full Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work all shifts to accommodate mask fit of shift workers and influenza clinics
- The incumbent is required to handle sensitive issues and to protect confidentiality of medical information.
- Ability to demonstrate sound knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act as it relates to a Hospital environment
- Good attendance and availablity rquired
Please send your current résumé quoting the above Competition Number to:
Brockville General Hospital – Human Resources Department
75 Charles Street
Brockville, Ontario, K6V 1S8
Fax: (613) 345-8305
We thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted