In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Brockville General Hospital will support and assist applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process. For information or to discuss any specific needs you may have in the interview process or in any testing required of candidates, please contact Human Resources at 613-345-5649 ext. 1118.
As a designated Rural Community Hospital, Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses working at Brockville General Hospital may be eligible for the Canada Student Loan Forgiveness Program. Please visit www.Canada.ca for details.
For BGH staff, a lisiting of current internal opportunities are also available.
Temporary Full Time Clinical Data Analyst - Health Records 2019-005
|Open Date||Jan 17 2019 - 01:15:00 PM||Close Date||Jan 31 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Temporary Full Time Clinical Data Analyst - Health Records 2019-005||Posting Type||Temporary Full Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Up to 12 months with possible extension|
|Department Group||Health Records||Hours per Week||37.5|
Summary of Position:
The Clinical Data Analyst is responsible for timely, accurate, valid and complete extraction, tabulation, analysis, and reporting of health data and statistical information in support of clinical and managerial decision making. The Analyst must communicate effectively with clinical and administrative staff so they are able to understand and be able to interpret the data analysis. The Analyst safeguards the confidentiality of all health information as required by BGH, CIHI, PHIPA and FIPPA. As this temporary role will be filling in for a maternity leave, ideally the successful candidate would be available to start around February 25th, depending on previous experience, to allow for a successful training period.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports data-driven decision making by clinical and management staff through extracting, analysing, interpreting, preparing, presenting and distributing routine and specially requested statistical reports and audit information.
- Assesses and develops strategies to enhance data quality; communicates with Health Records Manager, coding staff, as well as nursing staff regarding continuous improvement.
- Develops routine reports under direction of SLT, MAC, and managers to monitor resource utilization and identify trends with the intent of continuous improvement
- Promotes bench marking and adoption of best practices to enhance utilization and quality improvement; supports evidence-based practices in development, implementation and evaluation of clinical pathways.
- As the ERNI Coordinator, responsible for submitting level one NACRS data on a monthly basis, as well as liaising with multiple teams and stakeholders to support accurate data collection, compliance, and reporting of various ER wait times data.
Qualifications and Related Experience:
- Current registration and certification with the Canadian College of Health Information Management (CCHIM)
- Active member of the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA)
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of various data sources regarding the utilization of clinical resources (e.g. CIHI’s databases: DAD, NACRS, OMHRS, NRS, CCRS).
- Demonstrated knowledge of CIHI grouping methodologies (CMG, CACS, SCIPP, RUG, and RPG), as well as the Ontario specific methodologies and QBPs.
- Knowledge of the RAI-MH, MDS 2.0 and NRS assessment coding requirements and outputs
- Experience in work related to quality, utilization of clinical resources and evaluation in health care a definite asset.
- Familiarity with WinRecs, QuadraMed, CRMS, Catalyst or commonly used systems is an asset.
- Familiarity with IntelliHealth an asset
- Excellent computer skills, including working knowledge of database and spreadsheet applications with demonstrated computer skills in applications such as Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Experience working in Report Writers (e.g. SQL, Crystal Reports) to extract and report data.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills with the ability to adapt.
- Excellent problem solving, statistical and analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good attendance and availability required.
Please send your current résumé quoting the above Competition Number to:
Brockville General Hospital – Human Resources Department
75 Charles Street
Brockville, Ontario, K6V 1S8
Fax: (613) 345-8305
We thank all applicants for their expressed interest; however, only candidate(s) selected for an interview will be notified
cc : OPSEU