In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Brockville General Hospital will support and assist applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process. For information or to discuss any specific needs you may have in the interview process or in any testing required of candidates, please contact Human Resources at 613-345-5649 ext. 1118.
As a designated Rural Community Hospital, Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses working at Brockville General Hospital may be eligible for the Canada Student Loan Forgiveness Program. Please visit www.Canada.ca for details.
For BGH staff, a lisiting of current internal opportunities are also available.
Temporary Full Time Pharmacist 2018-307
|Open Date||Sep 18 2018 - 02:23:00 PM||Close Date||Jan 31 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Temporary Full Time Pharmacist 2018-307||Posting Type||Temporary Full Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Up to 12 months with possible extension|
|Department Group||Pharmacy||Hours per Week||<37.5|
Responsible for the provision of Clinical Pharmacy services; resolving and preventing drug related problems through medication profile review, patient assessment, Pharmaceutical Care Plan Development and Implementation. Professional activities include provision of drug information to other health care providers including physicians, nursing, , and other allied health professionals. Participating in committees, both internally and externally, conducting Drug Utilization Evaluation projects and delivering in services to professional staff.
Education and Experience:
- Baccalaureate of Science degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy degree
- Certification of competency from the Pharmacy Examination Board of Canada
- Licensed as a Pharmacist with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Hospital pharmacy experience preferred
- Provision of pharmaceutical care to optimize drug utilization, identifying potential and actual drug related problems, making recommendations and monitoring for efficacy and toxicity of drugs to achieve desired patient outcomes
- Provision of drug information, education to patients and all health care professionals
- Supportive of the drug distribution system
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and computer skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Innovative and willing to seek new challenges Demonstrated pharmacologic knowledge (e.g. pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics)
- Ability to plan, implement, organize, problem solve, and work on several projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated, reliable, and patient focused team player
- Good attendance and availability required
Please send your current résumé quoting the Competition Number
Brockville General Hospital – Human Resources Department
75 Charles Street
Brockville, Ontario, K6V 1S8
Fax: (613) 345-8305